Thursday, November 12, 2009

Involuntary (part one)

It was completely an involuntary action. I wanted no part of it, but everyone began to push me, and I don't like to be pushed! They said it would be no big deal, but I knew, oh I knew this would happen.
----------------------------------
I walked down the hall trying to mute my every step. I casted my flashlight from side to side, peeking through every door. Sometimes I'd slow down to catch a glimpse, then I sped up again to avoid contact with a sight I would not want to see. The possibilities of sights barreled through my head, leaving a lump in my gut. I stopped down what seemed to be the middle of the hall. It was beyond a doubt to dark to see the end. The hall became an endless burrow, bring the term "bind as a bat" seem misguided. I leaned against the wall to the side, and began to slide down as I took a lingering sigh and closed my eyes.
"This isn't going to end well. I have no idea where I am, and all my freakin' friends ditched me... Agh"
Crash! The sound of pans hitting the ground blasted through the hall. I popped up with my eyes wide with fear.
"Oh my God! What was that..." I hit my flashlight, but no light. I couldn't see anything. I reached around to follow the wall, but I was hesitant to what I might find.
"Lucy... Lucy is that you?" A whisper called.
"Jacob?"
"Oh lucy it is you! Follow me, ok?" A cold hand grab my arm, shooting spikes which impaled my entire body. I suddenly felt like throwing up, something was wrong.
"Wait Jacob, what's going on? Jac-"
"Shhh!... You don't want them to hear you do you?"
"Who hear me?" I whispered.
"Them."
"Who?... Jacob? Hello?... Answer me!" But he wouldn't. How could he see down the hall, he didn't stumble nor stop. He kept a slow steady paste.
We walked down the hall in silence, or at least I think we were... finally he stopped.
"Jacob? Where are we?"
"We're here."
Where?! Seriously why won't you tell me?! Jac-"
"I told you shut it! They'll hear us!" He yelled with an angry whisper. I could feel the circulation in my hand stop as he griped it even harder, it soon became numb.
"Ok that's it! I'm done! I hate it when you mess with me! I'll find my own way out!"
"Lucy!" I heard him.
A force hit me, and I collapsed to the ground. My lungs caved in, I could feel the air burst out of me. I fell to the ground... but I couldn't feel anything...

No comments: